1. Go to VMware host and navigate to action, then click on "enable ssh"
2. Open PowerShell and ssh into the VMware host box
3. type /etc/init.d/usbarbitrator stop
4. Make sure that the settings are remembered even when the Vmware Host reboots
type: chkconfig usbarbitrator off
4. This will stop a service that automatically makes a plugged USB device to be available to VM's inside the Vmware Host and make the pluggable USB available to Vmware Host.
- This is important if you want to mount extra storage to the Vmware ESXI Host.