When working in ASP.Net Core 2.2 Razor Engine, you might find yourself wanting to bind data from a checkbox Form in the View to the Model Object attribute that is an integer in the Controller.
1. Go to the Model class and add a property of the type you want to present in the Form. In this case, it will be a boolean since we want to present a Checkbox to the user and then handle the True or False to represent an integer 1 or 0.
2. After the boolean property has been added to the Model, make sure you include a "using System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations.Schema; namespace in order to progress to the next step.
3. After the API namespace has been in included in your Model, then prefix the property in this case:
[NotMapped] //Not mapped tells the Database Context that the column is not required
public bool YourPropertyName get; set;
4. In the View or Front-End, you can bind the checkbox with the boolean property like so:
Html.CheckBoxFor(x = x.YourPropertyname)
5. In the Controller, you can then handle the boolean coming in as a Model data that has been posted into an integer.