Git Branch Error: Resolve GitHub Branch Error
When GitHub Branch you created on the local machine gives you errors, this might happen when you develop and push your local branch to a remote repository, then the branch gets modified on another computer. When you pull the branch and merge, the error happens.
- Create a new branch on a local machine
- Make sure there are no other application consuming the repository (Other clients like IDE, Other Git Client like GitKraken)
- Make your initial commit to make sure all files are committed to the staging area (git has a staging area, find out about it)
- After step 3, type: git reset --hard (This command will take you back to the last commit you made in case other files have been generated or tracked)
- Then do: git pull origin yourRemoteBranch
Was this page helpful?