Problem: Setup requires the computer to be restarted before visual studio can run
- This error happens when you update Visual Studio 2019 Community, the application won't start even after numerous restart of the computer.
Solution: Before you go through the pain of uninstalling and installing Visual Studio first try the solution below. The error happens because the previous Visual Studio left some settings in the Registry that did not get deleted (Orphaned).
1. Press Windows (Button on your keyboard)+ R (to open up the RUN application)
2. Type "regedit" (this will open up an application that will allow you to edit the Registry )
3. If you are using a 64bit Visual Studio copy and paste the path below in the Registry Editor path finder
4. Before you do anything, backup the Registry by going to File then Export
5. After you backup the registry, DELETE found in Reboot under Setup.