use this website to see what is going on the method or .Net Class in AspNet 6
Diagnose Performance Issues in AspNet Application
Download the dotnet-counters tool that allows you to see what objects have been allocated on the GC-Gen-2 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/core/diagnostics/dotnet-counters
- Useful command after you download and install dotnet-counters type
1. Open up a new shell and type: dotnet-counters monitor --diagnostic-port 5002
2. Make sure you add "DOTNET_DiagnosticPorts" : "5002" in your launchSettings.json
3. Then do dotnet watch run
4. Go back to the shell where you run the dotnet-counters monitor command and start monitoring your app.
Write an Article
- Inspecting Performance Thread Pool issue with https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/core/diagnostics/dotnet-dump
- DotNet Tools to take a look at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/tools/
- If you like to present something to the audience download ZoomIt by Sys Internals
- Monitor Performance: use a built-in app called "Performance Monitor" Windows. Just search for it and start looking at app performance.
- Download a tool called Process Explorer to give more information about the process running on your system
- Use Event Viewer from Windows, an app that lets you see event logs that happened on your computer.
- Just search for Event Viewer from Windows Search Bar.
- Use PerfView to see the memory usage of the Asp.net Core app.
- Use Siege tool to test Load-Testing, Siege sends HTTP Request to the Endpoint and determine how many requests before the server goes down
- runs on Linux