Question: How do you resolve the SiteKiosk Error: SiteKiosk Object Reference not set to an instance of an object
Login to See the Rest of the Answer
1. Check the version of SiteKiosk you are currently using and compare to that of the current build on Provisio's website.
2. If you are using SiteKiosk version 9.2, there is an XML File in (Windows 10) Program Files (X86) folder called Config: See Path below;
(C:\Program Files (x86)\SiteKiosk\Config)
3. In that folder, there is a file called example.skcfg which happens to be current configuration file.
4. Open NotePad++ as an Adminitrator, and open up the example.skcfg with an icon on it. (If you had configured your SiteKiosk to use multiple configuration settings, you will find all those config files in that same folder)
5. The second line of the configuration file has a version number in it. That is the version number you previously used/installed. If the configuration file you just opened in the current configuration file you created after upgrading SiteKiosk, then that is the version number you are currently on. If you want to see the previouse version number installed before you upgraded to the latest version, find the config file that you used before you upgraded by checking the last modified date of the config files in that same folder.
6. Rule of thumb, use SiteKiosk on a different Machine from the Machine hosting the App. It seem to work very well.
How to Change SiteKiosk Accounts
1. Hover over or click on the up arrow on the right side of the Taskbar if you are on Windows 10,
2. Toggle that arrow up, and right click on SiteKiosk icon
3. Click Sign-Out (this will log you allowing you to specify account credentials on the next log in)
How to Remove a Scroll Bar from SiteKiosk
[Extra Notes]: If you configured your SiteKiosk and you see a Scroll Bar on the Screen after running SiteKiosk in "Full Mode" there is a chance that the Computer Screen Resolution is set to a small Resolution e.g. 1024 x 768 instead adjust the Resolution to be 1280 x 1024.