Job Description— .NET Developer
The Senior Applications Developer position is responsible for design, integration, and implementation of applications software in a service provider environment that supports the company business strategies and objectives. This is considered an experienced developer position and requires technical skills and expertise in object-oriented programming, database management, and web technologies. This role provides technical consulting to management, business users, and technical associates and works closely with other developers as a mentor.
Strategy & Planning
· Provide input and direction to solutions for client requirements.
· Identify and implement both technical and process improvements and solutions.
· Maintain a broad knowledge of new technology, equipment, and systems.
Acquisition & Deployment
· Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
· Design application and database components for large-sized development projects.
· Maintain and modify web applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
· Provide support for critical web application problems and issues.
· Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
· Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
· Handle project and task management and reporting as necessary.
· Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
· Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
· Mentor and coach developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
· Train and share knowledge with development teams.
· Schedule and lead project and communication meetings with clients.
Formal Education & Certification
· Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in a Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology field of study (e.g., Information Technology, Electronics and
Instrumentation Engineering, Computer Systems Management, Mathematics) or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
· 5+ years of IT experience.
· 5+ years of demonstrated experience with .NET/C# development experience or a combination of Java and .NET/C# development experience
· 5+ years of experience working on all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
· Proven ability to work with customers to build and formulate business requirements.
· 5+ years of experience working with Database Management Systems
· 2+ years of experience working with cloud technologies such as Azure or AWS
· Preferred experience and knowledge of Azure PaaS services like Web Apps, App Service, API apps, Logic Apps, Azure Functions.
· Preferred working knowledge of test-driven development and continuous integration.
· Advanced analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
· Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Proven ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· Requires good leadership skills.
· Strong commitment to inclusion and diversity.